Daughters and Other Strangers was the 25th and final episode of Season 5 of Roseanne, also the 122nd overall series episode. Serving as the finale of Season 5, it was written by Eric Gilliland, the episode was directed by Jeff Margolis. It originally aired on ABC-TV on May 18, 1993.
Roseanne and Dan agree to let Darlene go to art school in Chicago; DJ befriends an annoying neighbor boy, George.
As Roseanne worries that Darlene may be planning to run away from home, an annoying new neighbor named George befriends D.J.
- Roseanne Arnold as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner (credit only)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as George
- Each of the main characters takes turns wearing the same chicken sweatshirt: Roseanne wears it in the girls' bedroom, Jackie wears it in the living room, Darlene and then DJ wear it in the kitchen, and Dan wears it at the end of the episode in the living room.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt makes his first appearance as George. He would appear in three following episodes which include one Season 6 episode, "I Pray the Lord My Stove to Keep" and two Season 7 episodes, "Follow the Son" and "Single Married Female".
- This is the only episode directed by Jeff Margolis.
- Despite being credited, Lecy Goranson (Becky Conner) does not appear. This is the final episode where she is credited and thusly the last episode where she appears in the title sequence.
|Roseanne: Season Five|
|Season Episode Guides|