David vs. Goliath was the 15th episode of Season 6 of Roseanne, also the 137th overall series episode. It was written by Steve Pepoon, and was directed by Phillip Charles MacKenzie. It originally aired on ABC-TV on February 1, 1994.
Roseanne goes to Chicago to get David, who feels guilty about lying to Dan about living with Darlene. When Dan finds out he throws David out, telling him to go back to his mom's; Roseanne intervenes and persuades Jackie to take him in. Becky tries to pressure Dan into hiring Mark again. Jackie refuses to accept money from Fred for the baby.
Roseanne is treating David as her own personal slave as punishment for his moving in with Darlene, constantly threatening to tell Dan the truth. However David's guilt eventually gets the better of him and he decides to tell Dan the truth himself, which gets him promptly kicked out of the house. To stop David having to return to his mom, Roseanne takes him to Jackie's while she tries to smooth things over with Dan however he refuses to even consider letting David back in.
Meanwhile, Jackie refuses to accept money from Fred for the baby, while Becky tries to convince Dan to re-hire Mark.
- Roseanne Arnold as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner (credit only)
- Sarah Chalke as Becky Conner
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Johnny Galecki as David Healy
- Glenn Quinn as Mark Healy
- Michael O'Keefe as Fred
- Sandra Bernhard as Nancy Bartlett
- This episode's title references the biblical tale of David and Goliath.
- Despite being credited, Sara Gilbert (Darlene Conner) does not appear.
|Roseanne: Season Six|
|Season Episode Guides|