Dear Mom and Dad (originally aired on ABC-TV on April 18, 1989) was the 22nd episode of of Season 1 of Roseanne, also the 22nd overall series episode. The episode was written by Danny Jacobson and directed by John Sgueglia.
When Al and Bev announce they might move in the neighborhood, Roseanne finally explodes on her parents.
- Roseanne Barr as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner
- This episode marks the first appearance of Roseanne's parents Al and Beverly Harris. Estelle Parsons will make many more guest appearances in future seasons. John Randolph however, will make his second and final appearance in the Season 2 episode "We Gather Together".
- Actor Bruce Willis has a walk-on in this episode's tag. He remains uncredited for his appearance.
- Darlene: You guys think we don't get your corny, little sex jokes.
- Roseanne: Hey, you kids are our corny, little sex jokes.
- Roseanne (to Darlene): What are you doing up?
- Darlene: Grandpa's in the bathroom making those gagging noises.
- Roseanne: Eeeeewwww.
- Darlene: He's been at it for at least half an hour.
- Roseanne: Well, he should have all of it up by now.
- Bev (to Roseanne): Your father's diet is low salt, low fat, and high fiber.
- Roseanne: Why don't we just get him some wood?
- Bev: Roseanne, Dan shouldn't sleep on his left side. It's bad for the heart.
- Dan: (to himself) So is a rusty spike.
|Roseanne: Season One|
|Season Episode Guides|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.