While Roseanne narrates a video time capsule for her unborn child, Becky and Darlene find old love letters of Dan and Roseanne's. DJ gets upset when he finds his parents did not fill out his baby book, and Mark cooks a 'special' dinner for the Conner clan.
Roseanne narrates a video for her baby and wants everyone in the family to have a part in it. Darlene and Becky find Dan and Roseanne's old love letters. Fred is determined to seem intelligent and interesting to Jackie but only succeeds in making her feel more crushed by their divorce. Dan attempts to comfort Jackie while Mark prepares a special dinner for the family.
- Roseanne as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Johnny Galecki as David Healy
- Glenn Quinn as Mark Healy
- Michael O'Keefe as Fred
- Estelle Parsons as Beverly Harris
- Mike Kinney as Hospital patient
- This episode marks the last appearance of Michael O'Keefe as Fred.
- Something to be noted is that this episode has several anachronisms: Roseanne says at the end that she can't wait to meet the baby, and Becky refers to the baby as "sis" when the baby had actually been born in the previous Halloween episode. Clearly this one was written and/or filmed before the baby was born, and the gender plot change was applied to the show.
|Roseanne: Season Eight|
|Season Episode Guides|