Don't Ask, Don't Tell was the 18th episode of Season 6 of Roseanne, also the 140th overall series episode. It was written by James Berg and Stan Zimmerman from an original story by Michael Borkow, and was directed by Phillip Charles MacKenzie. It originally aired on ABC-TV on March 1, 1994.
Roseanne is the life of the party at a gay bar until Nancy's girlfriend kisses her. One of Becky's old boyfriends, Dean, turns up and whilst it stirs up jealousy from Mark, he is in fact giving Darlene a lift, to David's dismay.
Nancy introduces her new girlfriend Sharon to Roseanne and Jackie. Sharon invites them to go out dancing with she and Nancy at a gay bar, and winds up giving Roseanne a romantic kiss. This freaks Roseanne out, but she has a hard time figuring out why. Jackie is openly uncomfortable about people assuming she might be gay, which prompts an amused Roseanne to behave like they are a couple.
- Roseanne Arnold as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Sarah Chalke as Becky Conner
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Martin Mull as Leon Carp
- David Allan Donah as Dean Bates
- Mariel Hemingway as Sharon
- Lois Bromfield as Blonde Who Cruises Jackie
- Laura Kightlinger as Marge
- Joanne K. Liebeler as Jackie's Mail Carrier
- David Allan Donah makes his second appearance playing Dean. He had first appeared in the Season 4 episode "Breaking Up is Hard to Do".
- Lois Bromfield (Blonde Who Cruises Jackie) is also a writer a co-producer for the series. She had appeared beforehand in the Season 4 episode "Vegas", playing a character named Alice.
|Roseanne: Season Six|
|Season Episode Guides|