Fender Bender was the 21st episode of Season 2 of Roseanne, also the 44th overall series episode. Written by Penelope Spheeris and Bill Gerber, the episode was directed by John Pasquin. It originally aired on ABC-TV on March 20, 1990.
After Roseanne's station wagon is hit by a luxury car that belongs to the rich Mrs. Wellman, she gets a slight injury from the incident and soon realizes that this is her chance to get some money out of Mrs. Wellman.
- The girls ask for a VCR although in the earlier episode "Somebody Stole My Gal," they are installing a VCR. (While this is true, it was a borrowed VCR from Jackie, so they could record her soaps for her while she was away.)
- When Jackie is serving the kids dinner a magnet with the number 44 can be seen on the refrigerator. This was the 44th episode.
- Roseanne (to Dan): I finally get some time off and I can't do a damned thing. The kids are in there eating canned spaghetti.
- Dan: Hey, they like canned spaghetti.
- Roseanne: Well, not for breakfast.
- Jackie: It's Jackie.
- Mrs. Wellman (referring to her dog): Oh, no, it's Jacques, but people are always mispronouncing his name.
- Jackie: You know what's an easy word to pronounce, Mrs. Wellman? Cop.
- Roseanne (to Mrs. Wellman): You know my husband, Don? (whispers to Dan) Just go with it.
- Mrs. Wellman: Of course! It's nice to see you, Dan!
- Jackie (to the kids): Well I hope that we have all learned a very very important lesson here today. That is exactly the reason why we always wear (Jackie, Becky, Darlene, and D.J. in unison) our seat belts. You know, cops got a saying. You never pull a dead man out of a seat belt.
- Darlene: What do you just leave him there?
- Jackie: Some cops do. I don't.
- [Roseanne acts goofy after being put on muscle relaxers]
- Darlene: Mom, did you fly through the windshield or something?
- Roseanne: No, but I'd like to try that someday.
- Darlene: Mom, there's a caddilac in our driveway.
- Roseanne: what color of caddilac?
- Darlene: Earwax gold.
|Roseanne: Season Two|
|Season Episode Guides|