Happy Birthday was the 24th and final episode of Season 2 of Roseanne, also the 48th overall series episode. Written by Geraldine Barr (Roseanne Barr's sister) with Maxine Epstein, the episode was directed by John Pasquin. It originally aired on ABC-TV on May 8, 1990.
On her 37th birthday, Roseanne feels like she's hit the end of the road in her life. Always wanting to be a writer, she wishes on this birthday that she had more time to jot down her thoughts. Dan and the kids surprise Roseanne with her own small writing studio.
- Darlene refers to DJ as "David". This is one of only three times during the series that DJ is referred to as David. His full name is David Jacob Conner.
- Dan (to the girls as the music is blaring): OK, who are these guys?
- Becky: Splitting Headaches.
- Dan: What's the name of this song?
- Darlene: "Pounding."
- Dan: So basically, we're listening to "Pounding" by the Splitting Headaches.
- Roseanne (about writing): Gone With The Wind was a book?
- Jackie: So you look at the facts, what are the facts, you got the North, the South, the troops, the horses, the staircase, the birthin' babies, and a big fire.
- Roseanne: You're kiddin' me, it was a book?!
- Jackie: See every thing's got facts and events and people in the events and so you take the people in the events and then you put them in the, uh, order that the facts happen and then you're done.
- Roseanne: Well I'll be damned if Gone With The Wind wasn't a book.
- Dan (before leaving with the kids after giving Roseanne birthday presents): You know, Stephen King started this way.
|Roseanne: Season Two|
|Season Episode Guides|