I Pray the Lord My Stove to Keep was the 22nd episode of Season 6 of Roseanne, also the 144th overall series episode. It was written by Kevin Abbott and Pat Bullard and was directed by Phillip Charles MacKenzie. It originally aired on ABC-TV on May 3, 1994.
DJ has been attending church secretly (saying he was spending that time with a friend), and now he gives Roseanne grief about morals when she wants to keep a stove that was delivered in error.
Darlene discovers that D.J. has been sneaking off after to school to attend church; D.J. gives Roseanne a hard time about morals when she accepts a mistaken delivery of a second stove at the diner.
- Roseanne Arnold as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Sarah Chalke as Becky Conner (credit only)
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Martin Mull as Leon Carp
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as George
- Pat Bullard as Deliveryman #1
- Robert Camilletti as Deliveryman #2
- Jesco White as Dan's Clog-Dancing Cousin (uncredited)
- Dweezil Zappa as Himself (Guitarist) (uncredited)
- Pat Bullard who plays Deliveryman #1 is also a writer for the series and wrote this episode himself.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt who plays George, makes his second appearance. He had previously appeared in the Season 5 episode "Daughters and Other Strangers" and would later return in two episodes ("Follow the Son " and "Single Married Female") in Season 7.
- Despite being credited, Sarah Chalke (Becky Conner) does not appear.
|Roseanne: Season Six|
|Season Episode Guides|