Language Lessons was the fourth episode of Roseanne, also the 4th episode of the Season 1 of the series. Directed by Ellen Falcon and written by David McFadden, it originally aired on ABC-TV on November 22, 1988
Dan is irritated with Jackie and her meddling ways. Anything that she says is grating on his nerves. When Jackie says that his "special chili" is bland, he loses it. Roseanne is caught in the middle as the two of them pull her in each direction for support. The arguing explodes and Roseanne is left to straighten it out.
- Roseanne Barr as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner
- This is one of the initial episodes of Roseanne in which we see the constant love-hate relationship between Dan and Jackie. In the beginning of the series, Dan and Jackie were fighting a lot of the time, we see their true feelings in this episode.
- This is the first ever episode to feature to no guest stars at all.
- Roseanne (about Jackie): You knew when you married me that I had a sister!
- Dan: But I didn't think she'd be be here every weekend.
- Roseanne: Well I didn't think I'D be here every weekend.
- Dan (to Jackie): Hey! You can insult my wife and you can insult my children, but never bad mouth my chili!
|Roseanne: Season One|
|Season Episode Guides|