Roseanne tries to help Dan deal with life-changing news: his mother has a history of mental illness and psychiatric-hospital stays. Ed let Dan believe her imbalance was his fault due to his absence in Dan's life, just so Dan's mom would always look good in his eyes. Dan must come to terms with the idea that his father isn't the monster he'd always thought he was.
Audrey cries to Dan about his father owing her money, so he confronts Ed, hoping he will do the right thing. Jackie and Fred go out on a "get to know you better" date, in hopes of building an honest, solid relationship. Jackie admits to Fred the fact that she has had a lot more sexual partners than he has, causing a rift, and a step backwards in the relationship they are trying to build. D.J. goes through a rebellious stage.
- Roseanne Arnold as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Sarah Chalke as Becky Conner
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- This marks Natalie West (Crystal Anderson) final appearance of this season. She won't appear again until the Season 8 premiere "Shower the People You Love with Stuff".
- After appearing in six episodes across Seasons 1–3 and Season 6, Ned Beatty (Ed Conner) makes his final appearance. Although entirely absent, he has a large presence 25 years later in "Brothers, Babies and Breakdowns" and "Bad Dads and Grads" from Season 2 of The Conners.
- Kristopher Kent Hill reprises his role as Lonnie Anderson for the first time since "The Wedding" from Season 3. It is also the final time he will appear.
|Roseanne: Season Six|
|Season Episode Guides|