Morning Becomes Obnoxious was the 21st episode of Season 8 of Roseanne, also the 194th overall series episode. It was written by Leif Sandaas and was directed by Gail Mancuso. It originally aired on ABC-TV on April 9, 1996.
After an impromptu interview at the diner goes spectacularly well, Roseanne prepares to "Wake Up Chicago" on a morning TV talk show (with Jackie as her manager) with a news commentator who has a unique and "opinionated blue-collar outlook". Meanwhile, David plans for his and Darlene's wedding, but offends Bev as well.
A producer and reporter from "Wake up Chicago" come into the diner wanting to do a "Man-on-the-Street" interview about the diner owners - to which Roseanne, Jackie, and Leon readily, and eagerly agree. Leon stumbles through his interview nervously, like a deer caught in headlights. Jackie babbles through her's like a hyper manic who's been off her medication. But Roseanne nails her interview, and gets a job offer to do a one-minute spot on the air - where Roseanne gets to speak her mind about whatever she wants. God help TV.
- Roseanne as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner (credit only)
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Martin Mull as Leon Carp
- Jeffrey Nordling as Joe Matthews
- Challen Cates as Cindy Kenner
- Jerry Dunphy as Don
- Valerie-Jean Miller as Stage Manager
- Bob Fuller as Makeup artist (uncredited)
- Bob Fuller (Makeup artist) makes his fourth appearance (as a different character) this season. He had previously appeared in "The Thrilla Near the Vanilla Extract" (as a Grocery clerk), "We're Going to Disney World" (as an Airline Steward), Disney World War II" (as a Bellhop) and would later appear in "Home is Where the Afghan Is" (as a Caterer) and "The Truth Be Told" (as a Clothing Salesman) from Season 9. Starting with the Season 7 episode "Follow the Son", he would also served as a production assistant through to the end of Season 9.
- Despite being credited, Lecy Goranson (Becky Conner) does not appear.
|Roseanne: Season Eight|
|Season Episode Guides|