One for the Roads was the 14th episode of Season 2 of Roseanne, also the 37th overall series episode. Written by Sheree Guitar, the episode was directed by John Pasquin. It originally aired on ABC-TV on January 9, 1990.
With Dan and Roseanne out of the house, Becky is in charge and she invites her friend Dana over to do homework where Becky whips up a few "Tornadoes" and the girls end up getting drunk. The next day, a hung-over Becky is left to explain herself when Dana's mother Karen comes over to the house asking questions.
- The closing credits feature scenes from the 1945 Oscar winning movie "The Lost Weekend."
- Becky Conner was 14 years old in this episode, but Lecy Goranson was actually 15 years old at the time.
- Becky (to Dana while drunk): My parents dig all those sounds before music was invented.
- Dana (also drunk): Mine too.
- Darlene (to Becky): How come the liquor cabinet is open?
- Becky: I don't know. Maybe the wine had to breathe.
- Becky (to Dana): This is my sister Larlene, Lardene, Dardine...
- [Dana pokes Darlene]
- Darlene: What?!
- Dana: Where's your bathroom?
- Becky: Oh, we don't have a bathroom, we use a wok.
- Darlene: Well, I'm going to go upstairs and flush the wok.
- Karen (upset about Dana coming home drunk): Who was the bartender?
- Darlene (to Becky): Wasn't it that girl that was over here studying with you?
- Roseanne: For God's sake, Becky, you're 14.
- Becky: Mom, everything I do, it's always "Oh, she's 14." When you do something, people don't go "Oh, well, she's 37."
- Roseanne: 36 & 1/2.
- Becky (sarcastically): I have one drink and I'm an alcoholic, quick, I'll call the 800 number.
- Roseanne: We are your 800 number, Becky.
|Roseanne: Season Two|
|Season Episode Guides|