Roseanne and Jackie go to Chicago for Parent's Day, to surprise Darlene, and in hopes of meeting her new boyfriend, Jimmy. Roseanne believes David wants to learn how to be tough, in order to compete with Darlene's boyfriend, who is a boxer, for her affections. Roseanne assigns Dan to help David feel good about just being himself. D.J. is getting picked on at school by a bully, but refuses to learn to fight back for fear that getting hit will hurt. Fred is impressed with Dan's parenting, until he figures out that Dan is only doing what Roseanne tells him to.
DJ is being bullied at school and Dan offers to teach him how to fight. DJ reveals his own patent moves for getting out of a fight which involves lying on the ground in the fetal position. David asks Dan to teach him how to fight, but Roseanne stops Dan, telling him David only wants to learn how to fight to impress Darlene, because Jimmy is a boxer. She tells him to encourage David to feel good about himself which Dan struggles with. Jackie and Roseanne head to Chicago to meet Jimmy. Roseanne dislikes Jimmy and tells Jackie she really wants David and Darlene back together. When DJ beats up David, Dan tries to comfort David and discovers David wasn't trying to impress Darlene, but was trying to impress Dan.
- Roseanne as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Sarah Chalke as Becky Conner (credit only)
- Danny Masterson as Jimmy
- Danny Masterson makes his final appearance as Jimmy. He had appeared in the previous episode "Follow the Son"
- In the closing tag, Fred and Dan argue over a basketball game and Fred uses DJ's fetus position to avoid a fight. Dan gloats until he hears Roseanne come home and joins Fred.
- Despite being credited, Sarah Chalke (Becky Conner) does not appear again for the second episode in a row.
|Roseanne: Season Seven|
|Season Episode Guides|