For the working-class Conners, life post-Roseanne still serves up more lemons than lemonade. Love could come again for the widower Dan, in the form of brassy Louise. Darlene can't decide whether to stay with boss Ben or try again with ex-husband David. Her solution: Secretly see both! After Becky was left solo after Emilio's deportation. The family comes to help when their child arrives prematurely. With his wife re-deployed, DJ takes care of their kid on his own. In an attempt to seek happiness, Jackie tries to take her life into different directions.
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Emma Kenney as Harris Healy
- Ames McNamara as Mark Conner Healy
- Jayden Rey as Mary Conner (18 episodes)
- Jay R. Ferguson as Ben (2 episodes)
- James Pickens, Jr. as Chuckie Mitchell (2 episodes)
- Estelle Parsons as Beverly Harris (1 episode)
- Johnny Galecki as David Healy (1 episode)
- Katey Sagal as Louise Goldufski (1 episode)
Filming of the season begun on August 17. Although at first it was announced to contain 13 episodes, it was later extended to 19.