Sherwood Schwartz: A Loving Tribute was the 26th episode and season finale of Season 7 of Roseanne, also the 173rd overall series episode. It was written by William Lucas Walker from an original story by Allan Stephan and William Lucas Walker, and was directed by Mark K. Samuels. It originally aired on ABC-TV on May 24, 1995.
Roseanne encourages Dan to return to working on the boat in the garage, bringing on a massive Gilligan's Island fantasy transforming family members into the sitcom's characters.
David announces to the Conners that he wants to spend a month in Europe after graduation, but Darlene selfishly pressures him out of it. Dan starts working on building his boat again, but Roseanne insists that they can't afford it, and makes fun of his dream, launching into a fantasy where she and her family play the castaways on Gilligan's Island.
- Roseanne as Roseanne Conner / Ginger Grant
- John Goodman as Dan Conner / Skipper
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris / Gilligan
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner / Mary Ann
- Sarah Chalke as Becky Conner (credit only)
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner / Cannibal / Tatoo
- Johnny Galecki as David Healy
- Glenn Quinn as Mark Healy / The Professor
- Estelle Parsons as Beverly Harris / Lovey Howell
- Martin Mull as Leon Carp / Thurston Howell (uncredited)
- Bob Denver as Jackie Harris (uncredited)
- Russell Johnson as Mark Healy (uncredited)
- Tina Louise as Roseanne Conner (uncredited)
- Dawn Wells as Darlene Conner (uncredited)
- Sherwood Schwartz as Himself (uncredited)
- Dave Mallow as Radio Announcer (voice) (uncredited)
- Cast members from Gilligan's Island cameo as members of the Conner family. The entire cast remains uncredited.
- Despite being credited, Sarah Chalke (Becky Conner) does not appear.
|Roseanne: Season Seven|
|Season Episode Guides|