Upset about Darlene breaking up with him, David tells the Conner's that Darlene experimented with drugs while away at school. Roseanne forbids Darlene to return to school, David volunteers to help "keep an eye" on her. Concerned that perhaps they are doing the wrong thing, and after confronting Darlene, Dan convinces Roseanne to at least reconsider her decision.
David is devastated by his break-up with Darlene, when Roseanne tries to tell him to move on he angrily tells her about Darlene's drug use at college. Roseanne and Dan confront Darlene, though she denies it, David reveals he saw her do it and feels she will do it again. Roseanne is furious and refuses to allow Darlene to return to college. Darlene convinces Dan she won't do it again, though he won't admit it, he does try to convince Roseanne to let Darlene go back to school. Roseanne is adamant about keeping Darlene home until she realizes David only told her about Darlene's drug use for his own selfish reasons. Though Roseanne can't trust Darlene, she is willing to let her go back to school.
- Roseanne as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Sarah Chalke as Becky Conner (credit only)
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Despite being credited, Sarah Chalke (Becky Conner) does not appear again for the second episode in a row.
|Roseanne: Season Seven|
|Season Episode Guides|