Somebody Stole My Gal was the fourth episode of Season 2 of Roseanne, also the 27th overall series episode. Written by Martin Pasko and Rebecca Parr, the episode was directed by John Pasquin. It originally aired on ABC-TV on October 3, 1989.
Roseanne begins to feel abandoned when Jackie leaves for the police academy for six weeks. When Becky starts dating a 17-year-old and Darlene goes to her first co-ed party with her, Roseanne feels left out. After attempting to hang out with everyone, she settles into being alone.
- Take notice of Dan's wet hair as he perspires profusely during the second half of this episode.
- Becky (to Roseanne): When you first went out with Daddy, did you want to kiss him all the time?
- Roseanne: Well, somebody had to do it. And you know me, "work, work, work."
- Becky: When did you know that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with him?
- Roseanne: Oh well, I ain't decided that yet. We're just gonna raise you kids, ya know, and then if we still like kissin' each other, then we'll decide.
- DJ: I can't work this damn thing.
- Roseanne: Where'd you get that language? This isn't a thing. It's a VCR.
- Darlene: Let's rent "Lethal Weapon 2," "Jaws 3" and "Nightmare on Elm Street 4."
- Roseanne: Yeah? Well you better go wash your hands for dinner or I'll make you watch Dr. Zee-vago again.
- Dan (to Roseanne): You wanna come with us to the video store?
- Roseanne: Nah.
- D.J.: Mom, we're getting "Star Wars."
- Roseanne: Oh really? No, I'll stay here in case Jackie comes by, but may the force be with you.
- Dan: Hell, you are the force.
- Roseanne: (to Becky) You can't take her to that party. There'll be boys there.
Darlene: There are boys at school and you let me go there
|Roseanne: Season Two|
|Season Episode Guides|