David moves out when he gets a job at a strange local theme park. Soon, David is transformed into "Hans the Hare", a hyperactive and perky park employee. Roseanne steps into action in order to get the real David back.
After strict orders from Dan, David finally moves out and works at a not-well-known theme park in Lanford, where he's transformed into an eerily smiling automaton.
- Roseanne as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- James LeGros as Mr. Schlosser
- Sean O'Bryan as Doug
- Carmen Filpi as Hans
- J. Robin Miller as Edelweiss girl in love
- Lance Patrick as Hans the Hare student
- Johnny Meyer as Amusement park worker (uncredited)
- Cole Roberts as Jerry Conner (uncredited)
- In a bit of potential foreshadowing, Roseanne jokingly suggests that next year Dan's life insurance policy will get cashed in to fund a cruise. Dan warns that this may not be a good idea, something that comes to fruition in "The Wedding", when Dan suffers a heart attack. Dan's warning further foreshadows the revelation within Season 9's "Into That Good Night, Part 2" in which we learn Dan actually dies from his heart attack.
- The episode's name is a reference to Springtime for Hitler.
- The episode itself was a satire of the Walt Disney Company, who, after having recently acquired the American Broadcasting Company, had made the network's shows (including Roseanne) film and air Disney-themed episodes, including the immediately preceding episodes "We're Going to Disney World" and "Disney World War II".
- Roseanne: You say these people are free, but are they? After they've worked, can they sit down, guzzle booze and talk trash about their boss like at any other American job? No they can't. And now if you will excuse us, David and I are going to get in my crappy car, drive along that polluted river, where we can get carjacked or forced off the road by drunks, pull up in front of our house and run in before we are robbed because that, mister, is my America, and I thank GOD we are free to enjoy it!
- David (to Roseanne): Why are you trying to make me come home?
- Roseanne: Five words, David: You're dressed like a rabbit.
|Roseanne: Season Eight|
|Season Episode Guides|