Thanksgiving '93 was the 10th episode of Season 6 of Roseanne, also the 132nd overall series episode. It was written by Michael Borkow and Stevie Ray Fromstein from an original story by Sid Youngers and was directed by Phillip Charles MacKenzie. It originally aired on ABC-TV on November 23, 1993.
Nana Mary embarrasses a heavily pregnant Jackie and reveals a secret about Bev's marriage; Becky prepares the feast and Dan and Mark battle.
It's a Thanksgiving in a typical Conner family fashion. Becky volunteers to take over cooking duties while Dan and Mark are still at each others throats, Fred is shocked at the dysfunction of the family he may marry into and Nana Mary reveals a long-kept secret about Bev's marriage.
In long-terms, Fred got Jackie pregnant before they got married & Bev says that she “must” suffer the consequences, but Nana Mary reveals that Bev did the same thing ( Al got her pregnant with Roseanne before they got married in June, 1952 & Roseanne was born in November, 1952 ). Beverly then suffers a breakdown & leaves the house, with Roseanne & Jackie following after her.
Dan & Mark still dislike each other, because Dan still doesn’t approve of Mark & Becky. The fight ended up with BOTH Dan & Mark hitting each other & Roseanne coming in to stop it before it gets worse.
- Roseanne Arnold as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Sarah Chalke as Becky Conner
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Johnny Galecki as David Healy
- Estelle Parsons as Beverly Harris
- Michael O'Keefe as Fred
- Glenn Quinn as Mark Healy
- After making a guest appearance in the previous episode, Sarah Chalke (Becky Conner) is now added to the opening credits.
|Roseanne: Season Six|
|Season Episode Guides|