The Commercial Show was the 19th episode of Season 4 of Roseanne, also the 91st overall series episode. Written by Jennifer Heath and Maxine Lapiduss from an original story by Lapiduss and Chuck Lorre, the episode was directed by Andrew D. Weyman. It originally aired on ABC-TV on March 17, 1992.
The Conner family tries to get in on a Rodbell's commercial being filmed at the diner, much to Darlene's embarrassment. Leon and his partner break up. The Bowmans are moving back to Chicago.
The Conners star as the "All-American family" in a television ad for Rodbell's diner. Rick Dees guest stars as Ken, the director of the commercial, and Adam Hendershott plays the producer. Meanwhile, next-door neighbors the Bowmans get ready to move back to Chicago, leaving D.J. upset about losing his friend Todd (Adam Hendershott).
- Roseanne Arnold as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner
- Natalie West as Crystal Anderson (credit only)
- Martin Mull as Leon Carp
- Meagen Fay as Kathy Bowman
- Danton Stone as Jerry Bowman
- Adam Hendershott as Todd Bowman
- Bonnie Sheridan as Bonnie Bramlett
- Rick Dees as Ken
- Sip Culler as Steve
- Elizabeth Quill as Waitress in Commercial
- Taylor Leigh as Waitress in Commercial
- Despite being credited, Natalie West (Crystal Anderson) does not appear.
- Todd Bowman is now played by Adam Hendershott. He was previously played by Troy Davidson in Season 3.
|Roseanne: Season Four|
|Season Episode Guides|