Roseanne's suspicions that Leon is trying to usurp her position as head of the Lunch Box are cast aside by others but ultimately prove to be true. D.J. steals Roseanne's car, and her violent response has her questioning whether she is repeating her pattern of childhood abuse onto her kids.
Leon manipulates Nancy and Jackie into voting to serve breakfast at the diner, among other changes, without consulting Roseanne. Starved for attention, D.J. steals and wrecks the family car while joy-riding (after his friend dares him), causing a stressed-out Roseanne to lash out in a violent way that she quickly regrets. That echoes the abuse that Jackie and Roseanne suffered at the hands of their own father. The power-play between Leon and Roseanne escalates, prompting Dan to have a talk with Leon about backing off. When Dan realizes that Roseanne is not just being paranoid where Leon is concerned, he steps aside, leaving Leon to Roseanne's mercy.
- Roseanne Arnold as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner (credit only)
- Sarah Chalke as Becky Conner (credit only)
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Martin Mull as Leon Carp
- Joe Minjares as Cop #1
- Alex Cole as Male customer
- Victoria Edwards as Female customer
- John Farley as Male customer
- 'Wild' Bill Bauer as Male customer
- Ben Thomas as Cop #2 (uncredited)
- Yvonne Zima as Male customer (uncredited)
- Ben Thomas (Cop #2) would later appear as a cop again in the Season 8 episode "The Getaway, Almost", weather he is the same character is unclear.
- Despite being credited, Sara Gilbert (Darlene Conner) and Sarah Chalke (Becky Conner) do not appear.
|Roseanne: Season Six|
|Season Episode Guides|