The Last Date was the fourth episode of Season 8 of Roseanne, also the 177th overall series episode. It was written by Eric Gilliland and Daniel Palladino and was directed by Gail Mancuso. It originally aired on ABC-TV on October 24, 1995.
The temptation to crash a stranger's bar mitzvah at a local hotel is too much for Roseanne as she drags Dan out on the town for a "last hurrah" before the baby is born.
Roseanne and Dan decide to go out on the town one final time before the baby is born. After finding out that their diner table at the nice hotel they're staying at will be unavailable for quite some time, they crash a Bar Mitzvah taking place in the private dining room. Becky and Darlene discover a bottle of peppermint schnapps at the restaurant after closing and get wasted.
- Roseanne as Roseanne Conner
- John Goodman as Dan Conner
- Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris
- Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner
- Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner
- Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner
- Shecky Greene as Uncle Sol
- Murray Rubin Sparkle as Band Leader
- Bob Nickman as Nickman
- Lennie Loftin as Waiter
- Matthew David Ness as Josh Meyer
- Cathy Ladman as Cathy
- Carrie Snow as Carrie
- Ed Yeager as Guest
- This is one of only two episodes this season not to feature David Healy (Johnny Galecki), the other being the finale "Fights and Stuff".
- Bob Nickman (Nickman), Carrie Snow (Carrie) and Ed Yeager (Guest) were all writers and story editors for the series. With Bob also being a co-producer for the last four episodes of Season 9.
|Roseanne: Season Eight|
|Season Episode Guides|